Tuesday, February 9, 2016

BIRTHDAY BLUES: Schuntel Alexis No. 30

Happy February and Happy Almost Birthday to me!! I cannot believe my birthday is about a week away (February 18th to be exact), whaaaat a time to be alive *Drake voice*. I've been plotting on this No. 30 birthday for some time now and since it's been awhile since my last photo-shoot I thought this would be the perfect time to take advantage of this milestone year. I recently did a pretty big chop to my hair and I'm feeling super confident about owning my 30s so I decided to do a glamorous shoot that would cure any birthday blues that were creeping in...lol ya'll know this road to 30 hasn't been easy! Anyway, I'm super excited to share this very special photo-shoot with you all today, turning 30 feels like a million emotions but it mostly feels good knowing that all my dreams that I've been chasing in my 20s is slowly but surely manifesting as I enter in my 30th chapter. I'm a lot wiser and stronger than I was at 20 and I have to thank growth and experience for that. Enough with all the mushy stuff lol....Here is the No. 30 Birthday Photo-Shoot, entitled "Birthday Blues" by Asia Nettles at the amazing Renwick Gallery.  




















Photographs by: Asia Nettles
A very very special thank you my amazingly talented friends that made this shoot possible! How did I get so lucky? ...Hashtag Blessed! If you haven't been to the Renwick Gallery your definitely missing out on some amazing art exhibits (did I mention it's free entry?). I'm anticipating a lot of running around to do in preparation for the birthday festivities, so I'll be back to blogging after my birthday to show you all the things I've been planning...literally, can't wait until next week!

Hair by: Skyler of KARMA Salon
Make-up by: Candice Olivia
Caprina Gown by Slate & Willow
Creative Directors: Giorgio & Derrick 
Photographer: Asia Nettles
 

 
*bows out gracefully* 


1 comment :