Wednesday, March 23, 2016

COLDEST (BEST) VACATION EVER: Reykjavik, Iceland

Happy Spring Beautiful People! I know it's been awhile since I last posted but just two weeks after my trip to Cabo I went to Iceland with a few girlfriends to experience one of the few wonders of the world. Many people asked me "Why Iceland?" and my response was why not? How could you not go see a beautiful place that happens to be one of the top wonders of the world and see God's natural beauty. Last year after traveling to London/Paris in September, my flight had a layover in Iceland where I got a glimpse of the beautiful mountains as we landed and got off the plane. Since then I knew I had to come back and this happen to be the perfect time to go. I won't lie to you, it was extremely hard packing for a cold vacation because I'm used to traveling to tropic places where it's sunny and at least 80 degrees but this was truly a trip I'll always remember. Here's a glimpse into one of my best (and coldest) trip I've ever taken:

 
WHO KNEW Santa was hiding here? lol

 
Day 1 in Iceland had me feeling like Lara Croft lol...Our hotel-apartment was super cute!

 
First stop was the waffle truck :)

 
 
Choco Ice Waffle


Carmel Waffle was BAE!
 

 
How beautiful is this church? It was so windy that I couldn't get a good selfie lol

 
Hallgrimskirkja
 
 
We went to a local mall where I ran into my polar bear friend. Burrrr!

 
Cheers to our first trip to Iceland and first official meal...delicious!

 
Powerful message outside of a local retail store.


How incredible is this view on our way to do some sight-seeing?!!
 

 
That time I fell in love with the Icelandic horses...they are sooo pretty!!


 
I was so scared, can you tell lol?

 
After snowmobiling was cancelled due to inclement weather we put on our snow boots and headed to Gulfoss Waterfalls to see what the big hype was about. What a view!


 
Literally FROZEN.


 
Great times!!
 
We headed over to the Geysir and it was quite the show. Every few minutes it discharges of water ejected turbulently and accompanied by steam. Definitely a rare phenomenon that we were blessed to witness front row.  

 
We were still chasing waterfalls at the Seljalandsfoss. Get into that rainbow!!

 
And just like that we made our way to the Skogafoss waterfall (Bey and Jay Z did it first)


On a high we can't explain!  

 
Soaring through...

 

My first stab at puffin...interesting, may have to leave it alone lol ; ) 

 
Sushi x White Russian cocktail x Icelandic men serenading us with Justin Beiber tunes = EPIC NIGHT!

 Our last full day in Iceland brought us to the BLUE LAGOON #bucketlist
 

 
If you plan to go to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland I recommend booking it in advance along with dinner reservations at their popular Volcano restaurant, Lava. We got the VIP treatment at the Blue Lagoon by getting the Premium package that came with a mud mask, towel, first drink of our choice, bathrobe, slippers & complimentary sparking wine at our dinner table.  


You know our first drink of choice had to be CHAMPS!
 

Can we talk about Iceland's bipolar weather? Can I rant a little? Not a total Kanye rant but just a slight one. The weather changes every 15 minutes--I mean seriously, HOW!! From sleet, to sunshine, to rain to snow and then to hail and then to a dramatic wind stom. I'm so glad we came prepared for anything, while were at the blue lagoon we experienced it all but still managed to soak up this very beautiful place.
 


 
I already know what your thinking...Aren't you cold? Is the water warm? Yes, I was freezing but as soon I got in the water I felt great. Here's a quick history lesson about the Blue Lagoon: The warm waters are rich in minerals like silica and sulfur and bathing in the Blue Lagoon is reputed to help some people suffering from skin diseases.The water temperature in the bathing and swimming area of the lagoon averages 37–39 °C (99–102 °F). The lagoon is a man-made lagoon which is fed by the water output of the nearby geothermal power plant Svartsengi and is renewed every two days.

 
 
The theme of our trip was cozy chic, how did I do?!
 


 
Dinner was AMAZING!!!



In the downtown streets of Iceland! Oh What A Night to remember :)
 

 
Back at the Hallgrimskirkja again!

 
Stunning to say the least. This Lutheran church is historical and landmark in Iceland, so glad I had the opportunity to go in.




 
 
WHAT A TRIP! I'm so glad that I get the opportunity to travel and see the world, there is nothing more exciting and fulfilling that accumulating new experiences with good people. I grow and learn so much when I get to travel, although it can get costly I gain so much from it and that is priceless. I'm beyond grateful and lately with all that is going on in the world, I encourage people to travel and not be paralyzed by fear. My thoughts and prayers are with Brussels right now as well all the people that are travelling near and far. 
 
*bows out gracefully* 

No comments :

Post a Comment