Monday, January 9, 2012

Fab-Mommy Beyonce's Very 'Blue' Pregnancy!



Congrats to Jay Z and Beyonce as they welcomed a healthy baby girl by the name of Blue Ivy Carter into the world on Saturday, January 8, 2012! I can't believe I missed the obvious (see above) very 'blue pregnancy' Beyonce had, were we really that blind?! Anyway, we heard that the Hip-Hop Power couple were so excited for the baby's birth, they even sent their friends Blue Christmas gifts, how cute is that?! Beyoncé's birthday is Sept. 4, while Jay-Z's is Dec. 4; they wed on April 4 in 2008; have matching "IV" tattoos on their wedding fingers; and Beyoncé named her latest album 4. Therefore, they chose the name "Ivy" because of the number 4 or Roman numeral IV, which is significant in Beyoncé and Jay-Z's relationship. Want to know where Blue came from? Well Father Jay-Z has three albums with the word "blueprint" in their titles: The Blueprint was released in 2001; The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse, in 2002; and The Blueprint 3, in 2009. In lyrics, Jay-Z states that "I'm the Blueprint, I'm like the map for 'em," he said in "A Star Is Born," from The Blueprint 3 so it's only right that his 1st born would be named Blue! I doubt if we see pictures of the actual baby anytime soon, but it seems the BIGGA camp is happy about Princess Carter! We wish them well :)

2 comments :

  1. now you ALREADY know as soon as I learned the baby's name I said "hmmmm she wore quite and awful lot of blue during her pregnancy". I love this montage of photos.

    ReplyDelete