Thursday, July 10, 2014

WHAT I WORE: 3 Looks 1 LONG Weekend!

Helloooo Young World! I'm finally getting the time to update my blog and bring you guys up to speed on my life. My 4-day weekend turned into being the longest weekend ever, hence why I am just blogging about my weekend. Of course it was 4th of July weekend so I knew that I would be running all over the place but, I was even more excited about the Jay Z and Beyoncé concert (which was AMAZE-BALLS). I had a few interesting looks over the weekend, and I got a lot of inquiries on where I snagged some of my fits as well as my inspiration so I'm here to answer all the questions!


Anyway, my weekend began on Thursday at the pool followed by watching Orange Is New Black (I'm completely obsessed...thanks to my connect!) then it was finally the 4th of July on Friday. I kicked off my holiday weekend by going to a champagne brunch at this swanky apartment building followed by a few cookouts and of course fireworks to check off my Summer Bucket List. Since it wasn't super hot outside and I knew that I wanted be comfortable so I decided to go with a denim jumpsuit and some strappy sandals. I also wanted to embrace my new found vintage frames that magically appeared in my life a few days ago. Of course red, white and blue was on my mind so I tried to incorporate that into my look as well with a signature red lip (MAC baby!).
   
WHAT I WORE: Denim jumpsuit (similar found here)/ Phillip Lim for Target mini-bag/ White & Silver sandals by ZARA/ Vintage Dolce & Gabbana for MADONNA (old but similar found here)/

My 4th of July was cut short due to my pounding headache so I decided to go home and get some rest as I knew my Saturday would be pretty busy. By Saturday morning I felt 100% better and finally found my outfit for the concert. In celebration of summer and just the beautiful weather I got the chance to sip a few cocktails at the luxurious Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown while catching up with my girlfriend (just what the doctor ordered).


 
I guess you can say I was still in the spirit of 4th of July by the starry sheer blouse I had on, ideally I wanted wear something loose fitting and transitional since I attended a cookout earlier and had plans on going out for a night out on a town. The weather is still tricky so I'm glad I had this long-sleeve blouse because it was a bit chilly by the time I headed into the city.  

WHAT I WORE: Sheer gold & white blouse by H&M/ White quilted shorts (old) by TOPSHOP/ 'Lance' strappy sandals by Jimmy Choo/   
After a fancy night out on Saturday, I used my Sunday to run a few errands and go to brunch before getting some rest for the BIG day better known as "#ONTHERUN". After doing a few changes to my initial outfit, I decided to embrace the Coachella/Rocker Chic side of me (I'm part BeyoncĂ© too lol..) by taking a few fashion risks and to my surprise my outfit worked out perfectly for the venue. The concert was held at the M&T Bank stadium and I knew I would be doing a bit of walking and these ankle booties were perfectttt, although I was a little hesitant about my shoe choice (I mean who opts to wear booties in the summer? lol) it worked with my overall look and I'm happy.  
 
WHAT I WORE: Black fedora hat (old) by F21/ Green embellished bralette by TOPSHOP/ Black high-waist shorts (old) by UO/ Chained purse (old)/ suede and leather ankle booties by Ann Taylor/
Now that I've caught you guys up on my life, it's back to grinding it out and prepping for another weekend (hopefully spent by the pool). Wishing everyone a great day and weekend, I'll be back to blogging about fashion, style, and so much more next week!! xoxoxo
 
*bows out gracefully*  

2 comments :

  1. Love your looks! I need a denim jumpsuit in my life. The third one was perfect for #ONTHERUN tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keri! It was so last minute too, glad it worked out.

      Delete