Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Man of Style & Grace: Sammy Davis Jr.


SO, I've decided to start spotlighting Great MEN of Style & Grace. Its always important to understand and appreciate your roots *firm believer*. I realized that I have quite the male followers and I want them to feel included in my posts. Every week I will spotlight at least one
Man of Style & Grace. Today I want to dedicate it to the legendary Sammy Davis Jr. He is truly an ICON and inspiration to fashion that is seen nowadays. Raise your hand if your parents or grandparents were Mr. Davis fans? *raises hands*

Wonder where your grandfather, uncle, father or brother learned his impeccable taste? My answer would be from the man who birthed cool, sexy and swag!! Well groomed and manicured men have been making their way through history books, can't you tell?!?




"A sharp-dressed Rat Pack member, and an all-around stand-up guy. The first African-American to grace GQ's cover. He wore the kind of stuff we'd wear today: slim ties, tailored suit jackets, tapered pants. I love how unguarded and irreverent he is here, tap dancing on his hotel-room table, in a high-cropped one-button gray flannel suit and Beatle boots. He was never afraid to step outside of the box and do things his own way."

Read More http://www.gq.com/how-to/fashion/201002/black-history-month-black-style-pioneers#ixzz16qZDaKKD

No comments :

Post a Comment