Friday, October 24, 2014

FLASHBACK FRIDAY: Remembering Oscar De La Renta

This week the fashion industry lost an legend by the name of Oscar De La Renta, his beautiful gowns and riveting fashion collections will forever remain a footprint in my memory. He was not only a driving force in the fashion industry but he was an inspiration to many. Filled with passion and an intense desire to creatively express himself through fashion makes him a "Man of heart" as the Huffington Post would say. I've been smitten with Oscar De La Renta for years, he never disappointed me and he always made women feel so beautiful (what's not to love?). When I think of Oscar De La Renta, I think of episode of Sex And The City when Carrie (Sara Jessica Parker) wore the Spring 2004 pink dress gifted to her by her "Russian" and how fabulous she felt. Now that is when I first fell head over heels for him...This week we lost a man that was an icon in the fashion industry, his presence will be missed and at 82 years old he has truly left his mark in this world.

Check out an old video of Oscar De La Renta being interviewed by the New York Times.  
 




*bows out gracefully*

2 comments :