Wednesday, October 15, 2014

RECAP: Panama + Guyana 2014 Vacay!


I'm bacccck and ready to tackle Fall/Winter 2014! My vacation is officially over and it's back to business per usual, I love to travel but I've realized that there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME. I had a blast on vacation with my family, we traveled to Panama for less than 24 hours then stayed in Guyana for about 8 days (Wi-Fi was kind of shaky so my dearest apologies for the lack of posts while I was away). The weather, food and people were all but of amazing and welcoming, I couldn't have asked for a better end to a beautiful summer than to be surrounded by my family. Ideally, I traveled to Guyana about 2 times before this trip but I really got the chance to really embrace my roots and explore the many towns that my parents rant and rave about. My experience was beyond what I could've imagined and it really changed my perspective on a lot of things (that's what traveling does to you). I was humbled by the abundance of love and care by my family once we got there, they are one of a kind. For this trip I decided to keep it very casual and comfortable, since I knew it would be pretty warm and I would be doing a lot of walking. All of my outfits are very much "repeats with a remix" from the Summer! Anyway, check out a few pictures from my vacation below:
 

First stop was Panama City and it was beautiful! We stayed at this very chic hotel, although the customer service was a bit off the hotel in itself was really a looker. I can't wait to go back and explore the city! I got the chance to kick it at the pool for a few before our flight and I decided to wear my turquoise cover-up over my bathing suit gifted by my mom, I'm in love with it. I wish you could see the beaded detail on it, truly a beautiful addition to my closet.
 
 
I'm not really a beer drinker but this Banks beer had me swooning, OMG sooo good!

WHAT I WORE: Nude tank by H&M/ Cream lace shorts by BEBE (old)/ Flat sandals by UO/ Shades gifted/
 
Annnnd just like that....I'm in Georgetown, Guyana at the swanky Gravity Lounge with my family. This is by far the best nightclub/restaurant in the country of Guyana, what a treat it was to be here! The rooftop was amazing and the food was delightful, I'll be back for sure.  
 
 
Salmon & Shrimp Cajun pasta with red wine had me in heaven! Amazing food and service!!

 
I stayed a night at the Pegasus hotel in Georgetown (the oldest hotel in the country) and it was truly an experience. The wooden key had me eager to learn more about the hotel, although it's centuries old the renovations being made and customer service was one to remember. The rooms were impeccable and it was a nice welcome to Guyana for sure!
 
 
Animals was everywhere once we got into the country side of Guyana...I loved it!

WHAT I WORE: "Kiss Me In French" crop top by UO/ Black knotted skirt/Sandals by Michael Kors/Phillip Lim for Target bag/Sunglasses gifted/  
 It's super hot in Guyana so it's necessary to bring an umbrella when venturing out during the day, Thank God I packed mine! Me, my sister, my nephews and two cousins of ours walked down to Churches chicken for lunch and got the chance to do a little bit of exploring before heading to my Aunt's house in Corriverton, Guyana.
 
 
How funny is this sign? It's outside of a Nursery school in front of my Grandmother's home. I had a little chuckle when I read this.

WHAT I WORE: Betsey Johnson dress (old) from UO/
 Fast forward to my Aunt's 50 birthday party where I had a blast, I love my family they know how to party although I tapped out around 3am...they went until the sun came up lol. By this point my hair was doing spirals so I opted for my signature bun for the remainder of the trip (natural hair don't care).
 

 
 
Saltfish, Potatoes, Plantain and boiled egg for breakfast = Caribbean!  

 
I couldn't help but to have a little photo-shoot. My 9 year old and 5 year old nephew were my photog's for the trip....not too bad if I do say so myself! lol

WHAT I WORE: White romper/Vintage roped belt/Flat sandals by UO/
I channeled my inner BeyoncĂ©, I always swoon at her vacay pictures so I took a page in her tumblr and voila this pic! My Aunt and Uncle's home is so beautiful (I wish I could show you), this photo was taken inside their gates. Guyana is a really rural place and the random animals you see on the road/street gives you a whole appreciation for nature.  

 
Yes, I'm holding a Iguana...conquering fears I tell you #bucketlist  

 
My absolute favorite drink when I go to Guyana! Champs in a little bottle while travelling city to city was all I needed.
 
 

 
Usually on the weekends there is a huge market that is set up not too far away from my dad's home in Rosignol, Guyana. The fresh fruit and vegetables are sold by the locals of the town and for bargaining prices, although we missed out on the market because of my Aunt's party a few vendors had their products on sale during the week.
 


 
I introduced my little nephews to the most amazing shaved ice treat of their lives, it beyond scrumptious!
 
WHAT I WORE: Straw hat by Aldo (old)/Navy blue romper by H&M (old)/Bag by ZARA/
 All my fun was coming to an end, although I was sad to leave Guyana I was definitely happy to get back to Wi-Fi lol.

 
Annnd we passed a massive hurdle of cows crossing the road on our way to the airport. I'm definitely going to miss all the animals crossing the road, deep down I love the country (don't tell my friends that live in the city lol).
 
 
I hope you guys enjoyed my recap from my trip, I can't put into words how amazing this trip was...I love traveling with my family!! Now let's get back into fashion....
 

3 comments :

  1. Obsessed with this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We online supply and distribute 1:1 Rolex watches that come with a wide range of sought-after styles including fashionable styles, classic models and almost all latest trends.

    ReplyDelete