Wednesday, September 8, 2010

what i am to FASHION: j.Roberts

"j.Roberts Designs" No newbie to fashion, up-and-coming fashion designer Justin Head is on the move and the top is where he's headed!!! His love for fashion and designing began as a small child drawing stick figures, but it wasn't until his junior year in college that he began to show his talent to the world. This passion later matriculated to the creation of his collection, j.Roberts, which is for the woman who is "young, hip and has the need for high-end fashion..."

Justin premiered his 2010 Spring/Summer line at Baltimore Fashion Week where he was one of the headline designers for "The Difference Is In The Style" show. His line consists of powerful colors, prints, Bold blues, reds, Yellow, as well as wonderful metallic golds and silvers that all compliment each other. As I watched the show I was utterly amazed and impressed... by his talent, the way he was able to captivate his vision and his professionalism. Although this was his premiere show, he definitely did not look like a newcomer. His stage presence and demeanor spoke that of a veteran designer who has done this countless times. The colors and prints flowed perfectly. The fits were just right and most importantly everything complimented each other. After the show, he was bombarded by models, agents, reporters, photographers and everyone else, but not once did he ever break his humble attitude and appreciative manner. When I asked him how he felt about everything he stated that "it was almost as if he was having a surreal moment... surprised at how well everyone embraced his vision."


When you ask most designers where their inspiration comes from, they usually draw from other fashion eras and styles, however this is not the case for him. His inspiration comes from the fabric he chooses. He noted that "they speak to him" and it is at that moment when he decides what will come from it. His motivation... "My passion for fashion. I feel as though I should have been here a lot earlier but everything happens for a reason and j.Robert is ready to soar."





Like what you see?? Contact Justin at jrobertppl@aol.com or reach him on facebook: j.Roberts

Sodie :)

11 comments :

  1. These are very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin your clothes are unbelievable. I wasn't joking when I said I'd love if you made me a dress or something. Id never imagine in a million years your designs would be so unique and creative. When you make it big one day,I'll be one of your regular customers. I have two favorites out of the bunch but they are really good. Keep up the good work.


    -Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Justin
    Your work is truly amazing and I'm so proud of you for living your dream and making it a realty. I've always looked at you as a little brother way back in high school. I'm just stuck for words. Know that I support you and wish you many, many, many more fashion weeks, debuts, television appearances and your own boutique. Please keep up the good work, strive for more, and always keep God First!

    You rock!
    Janeese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Justin! I am VERY impressed! You are so talented...Wish you continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work! All of your hard work and effort will pay off when you are showing your collection at NY Fashion Week!

    Keep those fashion juices flowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, Justin. Proud of you for all your achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very proud of you and I know you are going to do big things!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GodBrother,
    I love your work and excited about your future. I believe your clothes are gong to take you up the scale! Congrats on your achievements!

    ReplyDelete
  9. j.Robert,
    You've taken off and sky-rocketed. Keep it up. I remember you making ur own track suit on the team...Get em!!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Justin aka J. Robert, I you're biggest fan am so proud and blow away by your style, grace and artistic vision. I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to be your friend and watch your brand blossom these few years- you're amazing- keep up the great work!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's my boy Justin! Keep up the good work. You are truly on your way. Never lose faith.

    ReplyDelete