Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Designer Spotlight: Dominique Renee

Recently while browsing my favorite gossip blogs (Necole Bitchie!) I discovered a very talented young woman that was a Nail Artist. Her work was beyond talented and I had to get the inside scoop so I reached out to her and she told me more about her new collection as well as her inspiration. I would like to introduce you to Ms. Dominique Renee! She's the epitome of Style & Grace ; )



DOMINIQUE RENEE'S BIO:

"I am a 21 year old Nail Artist and Designer from Connecticut. I originally went to school for Graphic Design but soon realized that my heart wasn’t in it. I had always dreamed of being designer, but never thought I really had what it took. With nothing else to loose I decided to go for it. I was actually in the process of teaching my self how to sew when my nails started to turn heads everywhere I went. Designing nails is not exactly how I thought I would get started, I just kind of fell into it. I got tired of going to the nail salon and the nail techs not delivering. I started doing my own nails and became OBSESSED! I would change designs every two to three days.  My nails became my most important accessory when putting an outfit together. We ALL know how important accessories are. With that in mind I decided to develop my own line of nails so that people all over the world could enjoy my designs the same way I do."




HER INSPIRATION:

"Inspiration comes from everywhere, and everything! I am obsessed with fashion and art from the 80s and 90s (which I’m sure it evident in my work) so I watch a lot of old shows, music videos, movies etc. and I LOVE patterns. Sometimes for me inspiration isn’t always visual. I am inspired by words, emotions, and thoughts. I then visually communicate them through my designs. This collection was inspired by vintage clothing and patterns."



HOW CAN WE REACH HER:

You can purchase her collection and previous sets at http://shop.dominiquerenee.com
Twitter @DominiqueRenee


Congrats to Dominique for winning the Necole Bitchie Nail Contest! We wish her all the best!

No comments :

Post a Comment