Tuesday, March 26, 2013

GIRL TALK: Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Style!

 
In case you've been living under a rock somewhere far far away, let me be the first to break the news to you, Kim & Kanye are expecting a little 'Kimye' this summer. Although the couple has kept the sex of the baby secret, I hear that she's having a little girl (which would be so appropriate for the pair). Ever since Kim has announced her pregnancy it seems like everyone has been talking about her "hip hugging", "oh that skirt is too tight skirt", "she could've done so much better" and "she looks like a whale" criticism about her pregnancy style. The comparisons to her sister Kourtney's pregnancy style have been so harsh that even I feel bad for her! I'm not here to bash Kim, because I absolutely adore her style and love for fashion...although at times it could be a little obsessive, I understand it.
 
 
I'm sure becoming a new mom is not easy and adjusting your wardrobe/style because of a growing belly is a hard pillow to swallow when your job centers around your beauty and style. I say ALL of this to say that maybe we should be a less critical of her "pregnancy style" and be concerned about her health. She seems to be managing just fine and stated on her blog "I saw some comments that the skirt is too tight for the pregnancy and that’s ridiculous! I bought this skirt a few sizes bigger and there is plenty of room. For any concern that my clothes are too tight, I have so many pieces custom fit for my growing body! They make pregnancy Spanx which are tight. So this theory sounds ridiculous! I feel my best when I am in heels and chic clothes! Happy mommy, happy baby! Xo"   

 
Although I'm not a mom, I have alot of fabulous friends who are so it's important that we are less critical of others that are experiencing a high level of emotions during a beautiful yet, life-changing time in their life. I have two sisters that are pregnant right now and I see the emotions at a record high, so I know first hand that it's so very important to support them through their body changes and tell them how beautiful they are. I think pregnancy is a beautiful gift given by God and it doesn't matter what you wear, it's how you wear it. And in my opinion if Kim feels confident wearing lace, leather and super high Louboutin heels...who am I to break her down?



 
Kim's pregnancy style maybe up for debate in your world, but in mine she's doing just fine. It's all about confidence and accentuating your best curves and it seems like she's happy, kudos to her. Check out more pictures of her Fab-Mommy-To-Be style sure to keep the blogs talking:  


 
Always good to see her in a pop of color since she loves Black & White so much.


I adore this look on her! She looks beautiful and GLOWING by the way.


 
Congrats again to the happy couple!

6 comments :

  1. with the choices that you picked to showcase i can say that i have SOMEWHAT changed my mind. i have been feeling like i haven't so much been here for what she's been serving us. i honestly expected more but that's up for debate as you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candice!! I so appreciate your feedback..some of her outfits are lackluster but, for the most part she's maintaining/trying to figure out what looks good on her. We've still got a few months to go, we shall see :)

      Delete
  2. You did a fab job on your piece. I will say this *in my polite housewife voice.
    Kim *SIGHS* [and I am censoring] she does not make pregnancy look the way I know she can. Please help her. I still think she is very pretty neck up and her boobs are winning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant stand her. She is a creature

    ReplyDelete