Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Wednesday!

Wow, it's been a little over a week since I last blogged and so much is happening (as I predicted a few weeks ago). I just got off of a mini vacay from Miami (OMG, take me back!), celebrating one of my bestfriends birthday and Mother's day weekend ---but that's just the beginning of my May madness. I have graduation festivities coming in less than 3 days as well another vacation during the memorial holiday that I couldn't be more excited for and of course lots of social events that I need to motivate myself to attend. I've become such a recluse lately when it comes to certain social events, so with the weather not being so bipolar these days I will be more motivated to actually go (pray for me). Anyway, since I've totally been MIA (literally, lol) I decided to share a few pictures from my trip with you guys before my other hiatus ensues...Please enjoy! 
 
 Miami Nights: Cream t-shirt from H&M/ White leather pants (old) by H&M/ Jimmy Choo "Malika" heels/ Black clutch (old) by F21/ Vintage Necklace  
 
So here's the story behind this picture (because there is ALWAYS a story lol), after our flight was delayed and I paid for my carry on luggage (Yes, I paid for carry on luggage...NEVER WILL I EVER fly with Spirit airlines again) we finally checked into our super exquisite hotel also known as THE EPIC and immediately went into turn up mode. This outfit was my "travel from DC to MIA look" except for the shoes as I opted for my Isbabel Marant wedge sneakers to complete my "all white, all right" look but we wanted to party immediately after so I slipped on my neon Jimmy Choo "Malika" heels and went to South Beach. We took this picture in our elevator, it turned out pretty good...Anyway, my long tresses are growing on me now! What do you think?
 
Pool Day Ready: Bandeau bikini top from  Everything But Water/ Cream shorts (old) by BEBE/ Bow sandals (old) from ALDO / Fedora hat (It's a men's hat) from ALDO/ Aviator sunglasses by Jimmy Choo/
 
The next day, we decided to make full usage of our amazing pools (yes, there was like 4 of them) so I immediately slipped on my bikini that I've been wanting to wear for over a year now and headed to the pool. The weather was absolutely perfect and of course the champs were in full effect, so I was a very happy girl to say the least! I need this pool now more than ever...

 
I tried on my friend's sunglasses, me likey!
 

Mango & Pecan salad and Devil Eggs.
 
Okay, so my first official meal in Miami was totally after my pool day (I mean who eats before you put on a bikini? lol). We left downtown Miami to go to South Beach and eat at the popular restaurant, YARDBIRD and I can honestly say it was one of my best meals I've ever had out of all my times in Miami, period! I'm obsessed with this place and these pictures are bringing back so many memories! Since it's small plates we ordered a few entrees so we wouldn't miss out on all the greatness and needless to say we were satisfied! 

Southern fried chicken & Shrimp and Grits
 
BLT (fried green tomato) & Macaroni n' cheese
 
Fight Night: Cropped shirt from Zara/ shorts from H&M/ Cuffed heels by BEBE/ Hoop earrings (old) by Belle Noel

Later that night, we went to a bar to watch the Mayweather fight and then to South Beach for some more fun! Definitely had a great time that night. My girls are so cute! 

 
On our last day in Miami, I decided to break out my favorite denim bikini as I watched down at my (in my mind) yacht. Again the weather was perfect and the pool was where I belonged so I stayed there for a few hours.

 
Being poolside with these hunks made my Sunday even better! Love them!

LIV on Sundays: White dress (old) from ASOS/ Jimmy Choo "Lance" sandals
 
Of course on my last night in Miami, I went to party at LIV and had a good time until I realized my flight left 7am in the morning lol..so I cut my night a little short so I wouldn't miss my flight.
 
Birthday celebrations for G: Woven Crossback Jumpsuit by F21/ Pink heels (hidden) by ZARA/ Vintage earrings
 
By the next weekend, I was celebrating my dear friend Giorgio's birthday at the super cute BarMini! I was so impressed by this little jewel found in my own city that I was speechless, it's just perfect and of course the Miami glow didn't hurt either. Everyone kept asking me where I got my jumpsuit from and I can finally do the "reveal" lol...it was Forever 21! Can you believe it? A total steal! I tend to mix my high/lows with clothing a lot because I'll do most of the splurging with my shoes. As you can see it was a great fit and I totally felt comfortable in it all night. You don't have to spend a million bucks to look like a million bucks, remember that... 

 
Cousinly love while I sipped on my cocktail!



A Mother's Love: White crop top from ZARA/ Vintage cream skirt/ Aqua sandals from UO/ Pink necklace gifted 

Sunday was full of love as it always is but this past Sunday was super special as it was Mother's day and I got to spend time with my #1 lady in my life. My mother is the cornerstone of my family and she makes being a mother and a career woman look so easy and effortless. Her strength is beyond recognition and her selflessness is the exact woman I aspire to be, any comparison to her makes me feel special. Sunday we honored her (as we do everyday) with a special brunch at my sister's house where we laughed, ate and enjoyed movies together in addition to the trampoline (what a workout!).  

 
Now that I've caught you up on most of the things happening in my life, this will be a my last post for the week as I prepare for my GRADUATION! I couldn't be happier with everything happening in my life right now, I'm extremely grateful and blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people that motivate and inspire me. I'm finally understanding the importance of making yourself happy and not giving a damn (excuse my French) what other people think. Let them talk because they are going to talk. All I can do is smile and I have a lot of people to thank for that...
 
*bows out gracefully* 
 


 

No comments :

Post a Comment