Tuesday, February 24, 2015

RECAP: 29 Shades of Telly [Birthday Edition]



I'm back, I'm back, I'm backkkkk! As you know I celebrated my birthday last week and it was more than I imagined. I wanted to be a little bit more low-key this year (mission accomplished), so I only planned one event. I've been reading the very popular 50 Shades of Grey trilogy so it was only fitting to go see the movie after it came out on Valentine's day weekend. Since my celebrations are always so large in party size, I decided to keep it pretty small this year with only inviting my closest friends to celebrate this new milestone in my life (21 people to be exact lol). We sipped on a few cocktails and went to see 50 Shades of Grey at the fancy movie theaters iPic. Prior to my actual birthday I had a pre-birthday dinner with my family, which really warmed my heart (they are so sweet & thoughtful). Check out a few pictures from my birthday celebration below:


 
As I was getting ready for dinner with my family, I came back into a room filled with 29 balloons! 

Birthday dinner: Striped turtleneck by H&M/ PVC Vinyl skirt by Topshop (old)/ Christian Louboutin "So Kate" heels/
 
It's beyond freezing in the DMV so I opted to bundle up for my birthday dinner.

 
Of course there was a cake involved...I hope my wish comes true!! #29
 

 
On my actual birthday I picked up my custom cupcakes by my dear friend Lala. Aren't these perfect? It was sooooo good and soooo fitting for my birthday theme. Handcuffs, masks, ties and pearls...loved it!

 
I've been wanting a new look lately so I decided to see my favorite stylist, Sky at KARMA Salon for some highlights. It was the perfect touch to my look, and I've received tons of compliments. I've done the whole "color/dye" thing before so I really appreciated taking it easy with the color and making it look totally natural. I'm kind of obsessed with it now!!
 
 
 
After a few cocktails with my friends, it was time for the movie where we enjoyed delicious food! OMG, the whole iPic movie experience was everything I imagined and I think all of my friends enjoyed it too. Definitely going back :)
 

29 SHADES OF TELLY MOVIE DATE: Grey maxi dress from Trendsetters Boutique/White leather pants by H&M(old)/Black caged booties by Steve Madden (old)/
 
Mother nature has been such a pain lately that I was having so much anxiety when it came to planning my birthday. It's been snowing like crazy so much and on my actual birthday it decided to start snowing as my guests were travelling from all over the DMV. With cold temps I decided to make the dress code cozy chic and tell my guests not to fret over dressing up anymore. Originally this dress was supposed to be worn as a maxi dress but with freezing temps I decided to put on my leather white pants to make it more casual for the occasion, do you like? I was giving a little side boob action...I mean why not? HA! Anyway, my birthday was everything I wanted, low-key-intimate-filled with love-shady-and-warm. Thank you all for the birthday wishes, cards, gifts, messages and shout-outs, I intend to make this my best year yet. Cheers to 29! 
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment