Tuesday, May 5, 2015

BEST DRESSED: The MET Costume Gala 2015

Last night I was glued to my phone like my life depended on it lol...it was only for The MET Costume Gala that I love and adore. When your favorite designers, fashion idols and celebrities are in one place at the same damn time it was mandatory that I tuned in for a fashion forward night. With all that is going on in the world (#prayforbaltimore) my reprieve is fashion. Every year The MET Costume Gala has a theme and this year it was China: Through A Looking Glass. I thought this theme was perfect and some of my favorites gave some serious OMG moments. Check out my favorite looks of the evening below:

 
The Queen of the MET Costume Gala was Sarah Jessica Parker of course in this custom H&M gown that she collaborated on along with this age-defying headpiece by the one and only Phillip Treacy. Seriously, she was the damn MET GALA. She started off the red carpet so fabulous that she was my all time favorite look of the night. She matched the theme perfect, seriously who does it better than SJP?! She delivers like no other. #50AndGotDamnFABULOUS


 
Left to Right: The runners up for the MET Costume Gala were Bee Shafer looking all but of fabulous in this one of a kind Alexander McQueen dress (totally spot on for the theme) and her hair to perfection.
 
Then, there was the fashion goddess herself, Solange rocking an interesting dress by Giles Deacon that I really found intriguing. She's takes fashion risks that I appreciate.
 
Karolina Kurkova was stunner in Tommy Hilfiger, those legs are to die for. She totally got the theme and made it into her own. I'm obsessed her shoes, the Guiseppe Zanotti was the perfect shoe pairing! #ModelSwag


 
Left to Right (top): Emily Ratajkowski was a adorable chic and effortless in this beautiful Topshop dress. Although she didn't totally embody theme I loved how beautiful and detailed this dress was.
 
BBHM island gal, Rihanna showed up and SHOWED completely out! I literally screamed and went HAM in my group chat when she arrived. The fashion icon wore a Gus Pei custom made coat that had turned the red carpet yellow. ONLY Rihanna could do that and do it so well! She was the drama we needed. Definitely on theme.
 
Left to Right (bottom): Rosie Huntington-Whiteley rocked my whole world in this beautifully Versace gown. Her body looked AHHHMAZING, she makes me want to run 20 miles everyday. Stunning for sure!
 
 Kendall Jenner was uber chic in this Calvin Klein dress, I loved the see-through-dress. She's always so effortless. Go Kendall!
 
Fashion Icon on the rise, Bella Hadid is wearing Topshop and my oh my did she look great. I'm obsessed with this topknot and her make-up. Serveeee! 

 
Left to Right: Bingbing delivered CHINA realness and I must say that it was PERFECTION! Gold was the color of the night and she worked it so well.
 
Kim Kardashian went ultra glam in this Roberto Cavalli gown (similar to the one BeyoncĂ© wore to the MET Gala 2012). She wore it well and her sleek pony made up for the fact that I've seen this dress before. Great look KKW!        
 
Zendaya is such a beauty and her dress was so age appropriate and served it's purpose very well. She wore a Fausto Puglisi high-low dress and jeweled it up pretty well. Her make-up was amazing! Oh how I love Zendaya!
 
Then, there was the QUEEN BEYONCE who showed up right before (well maybe it did) the red carpet was over in this drop-dead Givenchy Haute Couture gown. She took my breath away with her amazing figure and sleek pony, I couldn't stop starring. She broke the internet (literally), and her dress, make-up and hair gave me Geisha. SLAYONCE!
 
 
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment