Friday, May 8, 2015

HAUTE FRIDAY: Mother's Day Edition!


Mother's Day 2014 with my Fabulous Mother, Pam!

Happy Friday beautiful people! It's been such a great week that I cannot wait to begin my weekend. Between a fashion show tonight, birthday brunches, birthday dinners and Mother's day celebrations I know that this weekend will be so much fun and better yet a time celebrate my fabulous mother! I wanted to do a special post today honoring all the inspiring, motivating and strong mother's that I know personally because we all know how truly incredible mothers are. So I reached out to a few friends and my sisters to share what they thought the best part of being a mom is, check out their responses below:

Simmone & Caleb
 
Being a mom is the greatest blessing and responsibility I have in my life. There as so many things I enjoy about being a mom. However, there are two aspects of motherhood that resonate with me the most. The first is watching my son grow into an intelligent, handsome and God-fearing young man. It has been an amazing experience to see his confidence grow with each success and challenge he has faced. I have truly enjoyed and feel so proud to share in all of his accomplishments and look forward to seeing him become a productive adult.

Another great aspect of being a mom is the unconditional love my son consistently shows me. Although I can be a bit harsh on my son when I discipline him, he stills understands a mother's love is unbreakable even through punishable and loveable times.
 
Simmone is my oldest sister and Caleb is my oldest nephew who I love and adore. Their mother and son bond is incredible, I'm blessed to witness this first hand and the best part of watching this relationship grow is that even though she is a career woman with a very demanding schedule she still knows how to balance motherhood so well. Her strength amazes me and I couldn't be happier to call her my sister and the mother that I hope to be one day. Happy Mother's Day Simmone, Caleb is lucky to have you as his mom!  

Ashlee & Blake
 
Being a mother is the greatest joy and the most amazing thing that ever happened to me! My love for Blake endless, indescribable. I honestly could go on and on, but I thank God every day for choosing me to be his mother, He selected a perfect pair! Being a single mother it has its challenges, I like to call them "growth challenges". What you don't realize initially is as they grow you are growing too! With every stage comes something new to experience and fall in love with. Being a mother is a rewarding job and at times it may not always appear that way, but it truly is!
 

Ashlee has been my bestfriend since we were both in elementary school and to watch her raise my nephew Blake has been such a blessing. The best part of watching Ashlee be a mother is her selflessness with Blake, she's always finding a way to make learning fun and finding fun things to do while still keeping it fabulous! Happy Mother's Day Ashlee, I'm lucky to call you my bestfriend and Blake has a gem on his hands!
 
Kim & Christian

The best part of being a mom is knowing that your life has extended purpose. I feel so blessed that God chose me to help raise one of His children. It's the highest honor in life. My son makes my heart full. My love for him is infinite and I am enjoying the journey of motherhood!
 
 Kim just recently gave birth to her precious son, Christian just weeks ago! She is a new mother and oh does motherhood look good on her. I'm swooning! I've known Kim since elementary school as well and the best part of hearing her talk about this new role of motherhood is her love for God and how honored she is to raise her son. Happy first Mother's Day Kim, keep loving and growing into the mother you're destined to be, Christian is truly a blessing.  
 
Melissa with Joe-Joe, Maya & Justin
 
The best part about being a Mom is that God has giving me 3 beautiful children to show everyday how to love. Knowing that I’m present in my children’s lives every day and cherishing and loving them every second. Also, knowing that they love and cherish me every day too. I would also know that the best part in being a mom is that I was taught that by having a great example of a mother in my life for 35 years to show me how to love unconditionally and to show selflessness.


Melissa is my sister who raises my nephews Joe-Joe, Justin and niece Maya. Juggling 3 kids and being a career woman amongst being an amazing wife seems like a lot but she makes it look so easy. Her strength and determination to providing the best life for her family is aspiring. The best part of watching her be a mother is that she is selfless and how her kids cherish her. Happy Mother's day Melissa, you're truly phenomenal and your children are a representation of that!
 
 
Kacey & Zoe

The best part about being a mom would be discovering the world and reliving my childhood memories through my daughter. I love seeing her eyes light up when she experiences things for the first time. It also serves as a reminder of what great responsibility her father and I have on exposing her to the world to ensure that she is a well rounded and cultured individual.
 
Kacey is a dear friend of mine and Zoe is super cool daughter that is truly a star in the making. The best part of watching Kacey be a mother is all the fun and innovating things she does with her daughter. She makes being a Mom a job you can't wait to have, between her work schedule and being a wife it's amazing to see her balance it all so well and effortlessly. Happy Mother's Day Kacey, I can't wait to meet your new bundle of joy on her way, you were made for this!

Brittney & Taylor

Looking into the eyes of your spitting image, the echoes of genuine laugher, hearing the words "I love you mommy"; these are some of the best things about being a mother. It's not always easy but it's always worth it. God created a purpose for each child and it's my responsibly to guide my son accordingly, I find that to be most rewarding about being a mother.
 
 
Brittney has been my friend for over 10 years and I remember finding out when she was pregnant with her son Taylor. It's amazing how time flies and how awesome it is to see her as a mother. The best part of watching Brittney be a mother is that she is the "calm after the storm", she makes it looks effortless without a doubt. Her love for her son is written all over his face and her balance of work-motherhood-social life is beautiful to watch. Happy Mother's Day Brittney, you're truly an inspiration and Taylor is blessed to have by his side no matter what!
 
Ebony &  Madison better known as "Maddy"
 
Nothing else in the world can create the joy or heart break that motherhood bears. I could not even begin to imagine a life without feeling that wide range of emotions. There are amazing days when I feel my cup just runneth over. Then there are days that I want to cry and just run away. Going through it all...Feeling it all...good or bad, truly gives my life purpose. Motherhood is walking around with all of your nerve endings raw and exposed. And of course let's not forget the smiles, the giggles, and the grins : ) My world could be caving in and I can come home and listen to my Maddy discuss her day and what she's learned, or overhear her giggling playing a game or watching spongebob or just hear her say "Mommy I love you"—and just like that! All is right in my world. To me motherhood is the most extreme measure of being alive. And I must say, I wouldn't trade any of it for the world!
 
Ebony is my sister-friend that I absolutely adore and her precious daughter Maddy will make the room light up. They are such an amazing duo, I think the best part of watching Ebony be a mother is that she never gets defeated. Her always charismatic personality and hands on relationship with her daughter makes you have instant baby fever. I'm so proud of the mother she is and the woman she is becoming. Happy Mother's Day Ebony, continue to be the mother God has destined you to be I know Maddy thanks you for making her childhood the best!  
 
 
Candace & Dominiq better known as "Niq"
And what I love most about being a parent is receiving unconditional love everyday. I never have to question if it's real. It makes you feel like you always have a purpose to strive for greatness. Being able to help and watch someone so special grow. It's a blessing just to be apart of that.
 
 
Candace has been my friend for years and I've known Niq since he was a little tot, it's so crazy how life moves fast and kids change and grow up. The best part of watching Candace be a mother is her strength for the most part and how passionate she is about Niq. She's always finding a way to make sure he has the best and keeps a smile on his face, their unbreakable bond is priceless. Happy Mother's Day Candace, you're a beautiful person that I cherish and adore and so does Niq!
 
 
____________________________________________
 
 
 Thank you to Simmone, Ashlee, Kim, Melissa, Kacey, Brittney, Ebony and Candace for sharing the best part of being a Mother, I know it was hard because there are so many parts that you find to be the best but as always you ladies delivered because that's what you do! I'm grateful to have each and every one of you ladies be great examples of what a Mother is. Your presence and teaching is admired and appreciated. Continue to grow, flourish and be the awesome women you are!  
 
 
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's reading this post...Enjoy this song below :)
 
 

 
 
*bows out gracefully*

No comments :

Post a Comment