Monday, July 26, 2010

Don't Sweat the SMALL Stuff!

Lately, I've been choosing to just keep focusing on my dreams instead of focusing on the "small stuff" that use bother me. By "small stuff" I mean the usual u-turns in life, detours along the path to success and the occasional wrong turns. My philosophy is that "it happens to the best of us", I'm working on building a fabulous brand AND I refuse to loose! My advice to all aspiring Stylists is to stay positive and surround yourself with people who motivate you to be an better individual. Below are a few tips to Stay COOL, CALM & COLLECTIVE so you won't sweat the "small stuff":
  • Stay organized in your social, personal and professional life!
  • Take time to "smell the flowers", in other words treat/pamper yourself from time to time.
  • Research, research, research! Never stop researching your passion because there is so much to know about ways to be better in whatever you choose to do.
  • Write out your goals! Create a mini check list of your goals/tasks you want to accomplish Note to Self: "Seeing is Believing"
  • Surround yourself with like minded individuals
  • Don't be too hard on yourself, it takes time and alot of hard work to be successful. Keep PUSHING!
  • Never forget you are your BEST advertisement! Show up and Show out..
  • Be prepared = Business cards, Resumes, Cover Letters, Portfolios, Blogs, Websites, etc.
  • Last but not least always PRAY "Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge" Proverbs 23:12

No comments :

Post a Comment