Monday, February 13, 2012

We Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston!



This weekend was certainly a sad weekend for everyone, as we mourned the loss of the greatest singers of all time Ms. Whitney Houston. Her astounding accomplishments does not go without notice as she has won countless Grammy Awards, records sold, and consecutive No. 1 singles. My favorite videos of Whitney was the popular "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" which in my eyes, was a great representation of the 1980s. Houston had an undeniable talent, her voice was unlike no other and the way she belted out those high notes were indescribable. She was the daughter of Cissy Houston and cousin of Dionne Warwick, and her godmother was Aretha Franklin. She was indeed born into a family that had Soulful Singers. Houston also was a phenomenal mother to her only daughter Bobbi Kristina (prayers gone up for her) and prized possession of executive Clive Davis to which I like to think she was his muse of music.


The 1992 film "The Bodyguard" and its soundtrack will remain her signature achievement. She portrayed a superstar singer, alternatively tough and vulnerable, guarded by a former Secret Service agent played by Kevin Costner. For the soundtrack, she took a little-known Dolly Parton song, "I Will Always Love You," and made it sound AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. Houston said in a interview, "I didn't get in the business to talk about my personal life...I got in the business to sing, to try to make music and to try to make people happy ... if I can."


"My life doesn't go on record. My voice does." - Whitney Houston

No comments :

Post a Comment