Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Solange Dishes on Natural Hair & Fashion to Lurve Magazine

 

Solange tells it all the Lurve Magazine in their most recent issue. I've always admired Solange's honesty and "tell it how it is" personality. Below are photo's from the interview as well some quotes about her natural hair-do and of course her fashion sense!
 
On Natural Hair:
"I’m actually really trying to navigate my feelings on the entire hair issue and it’s tough doing that publicly." - Solange
 
After a twitter rant a few months ago about her natural tresses being "un-kept" she says, "At that point I thought to myself, ‘This is really crazy. That these people know more about my hair than the human that even carries it!’ I went to my Twitter and sort of impulsively expressed that. I don’t regret it one bit, but sometimes trying to put how you feel in an one-hundred forty character structure is not really successful."
 
Former Carol's Daughter spokesperson (Solange ended her partnership) says that she was, "constantly fighting for the right message to be heard. The message that the way we wear our hair is a personal choice, there’s no right or wrong way."
 

On Fashion:
When asked about fashion she says, "never really been that interested in fashion."
 
She also says, "Once I really defined my expectations in terms of how to navigate through the fashion world without getting myself too invested, I’ve had a hell of a lot of fun."

images via: fashionista
We hear Solange is gearing up to release her 3rd album, can't wait to hear what she's been working on!

No comments :

Post a Comment