Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jada Pinkett Smith Tells It All for REDBOOK Magazine

 
My all-time favorite Actress/Fab-Mommy, Jada Pinkett-Smith covers REDBOOK Magazine and tells it ALL....I mean everything. How amazing does the 39 year-old actress look?! I'm amazed at her beauty and most of all her accomplishments as a black woman in Hollywood, she is truly an inspiration. Check out a few highlights from her interview below:

 
REDBOOK: How did you get to this point, where you decided that family was the number-one priority?
"I had to make choices. Believe me, I would still be on the road with my band, Wicked Wisdom, and making as many movies as I can a year, and doing all sorts of other things if I didn't have the responsibility of a family. But I have children with their own talents and dreams, and I know I have to be standing next to them for that journey."  

 
 
REDBOOK: Jaden's 12, Willow's 10. Have your kids had to sacrifice some of their innocence as their careers have started to blow up?
"The innocence is still there. We deal with self-love and body issues with Willow, for example. I still deal with confidence issues with Jaden in terms of his moving to the next level in acting, music, or martial arts. And there's nothing Willow loves more than shopping at Staples, Target, and Barnes & Noble. Yesterday she asked me to take her to Staples so she could buy some notebooks and colored pens, because she loves to journal."
 
REDBOOK: When you start to doubt yourself, how do you jump-start your self-confidence?
"What is the first thing you say to yourself when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror? Is it, "Oh, man, I look tired?" Or is it, "You know what? Maybe I'm getting these wrinkles all over my face, but I'll be god-damned if I'm not a bad chick!" Women need to attack those negative voices they have in their head."

REDBOOK: What's something every woman should do for herself?
"I wish I knew. I can tell you what this woman needs to do. Even if it's just 30 minutes a day, or on the weekend, I tell my kids, "I will be nowhere to be found because I need some Mommy time." Do whatever rejuvenates you. It might be a cooking class, cocktails with the girls, or just private time with the hubby. We all have our moments where we run out of steam because we've given everything we've got to everyone else. Whoever decided that was a good thing? It's not. Everyone needs to refuel."



Want to read more from her interview with Redbook? Be sure to check newstands June 11th!
 

2 comments :