Monday, February 24, 2014

WEEKEND RECAP: New York State of Mind

Family Day Trip: Mark, Me, Melissa, Simmone, Fab Mommy & Sabrina

Didn't I tell you last week my birthday wasn't over? Lol! My family took it upon themselves to surprise little ol' me with a trip to New Jersey and New York (How did they know I needed a little break from the DMV area?), God gives you what you need! After my nephew's birthday party on Friday night my family suggested I get some sleep so I made the executive decision not to go out on Friday night and catch up on the lack of sleep I've had all week and it was definitely needed. Around 5am I woke up and then fell asleep again (lol) in the car, only to wake up in New Jersey. What a surprise, I had no clue what these people were up to but I loved the fact that I left the DMV area. We sat and had breakfast and peach bellini's at this super cute diner called 'Brownstone' also known as the pancake factory....it was AMAZE BALLS! My family knows me too me well #HappyGirl :)  

WHAT I WORE: Pink blouse (vintage)/ Faux Fur vest from H&M/ Coated Trousers gifted from ZARA (I'm OBSESSED with these already)/ 'Whirl' Ballet Flats from Jimmy Choo/ Louis Vuitton 'Speedy' bag/
 
After an amazing dining experience it was off to my favorite place in the USA next to California of course, NEW YORK CITY! My family knows how much I love to shop (which I'm trying to slow down on these days) so we spent a few hours in SoHo doing that and of course we got to bond along the way. The weather was soooo perfect and it was really fun to actually shop with my family and introduce my family to my favorite stores. I finally found my PVC vinyl skirt at TopShop, can't wait to wear it...I just need to find the right moment because it's one of the those "moment" skirts.

 
What a great weekend, definitely needed this little escape! Extremely grateful for my family and the good times we had (missed my dad--but there will be a next time). I'll be back next month to see some of my friends, New York is always a good idea. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend the weather was so perfect I mean how could you not enjoy it? Anyway, Happy Monday!!  

 

No comments :

Post a Comment