Friday, November 28, 2014

HAUTE FRIDAY: Thanksgiving Bliss!

13th Annual Trot for Hunger Thanksgiving 5K

This thanksgiving was truly memorable, I had the opportunity and great pleasure to start my holiday off running a 5K in support of S.O.M.E.'s Trot for hunger with my family and friends. I was so happy that my nephews got the chance to experience this very special moment and run their first 5K with me. My team raised over $600 in less than a month and I couldn't be more thankful for people's donations, kind words of encouragement and just being selfless. 



L to R: Brittany with Brewster in hand lol, Lance. John, Erinn Ebony, Joe-Joe, Justin, Melissa, Derrick and I better known as the SCHMONEY TEAM!


I'm really proud of the SCHMONEY team, we did it (freezing COLD and all)! I can't wait to do this again next year, it truly puts you in the best mood ever! Post 5K I headed over to my sisters house to assist with prepping for dinner with the family. Since I'm trying to perfect my wifey skills (lol), I was in the kitchen whipping up my signature Mac n cheese (which turned out better than I expected....I tried a new recipe) and made candied yams for the first time! I also dabbled in other signature dishes for thanksgiving like turkey basing, prepping the greens, and making sure the appetizers were ready when my family arrived. With lots of laboring in the kitchen the food turned out AMAZING!  





I'm getting hungry all over again looking at food pics lol! I devoured 1 1/2 plates and sipped on some tequila cocktails made by my little sister. With so much going on these days I can honestly say I'm thankful for my backbone of a family, incredible friends, selfless love shown to me daily and health and strength. I become speechless when people ask me what I'm thankful for because I have so much that it's hard to just pick one thing. Now that is truly a blessing to have so much to be thankful for! 



My super fabulous sister, Simmone. She was the best hostess ever!

After lots of eating, laughing, impromptu dance party and sipping cocktails with the family I can honestly say I'm thankful for everything happening in my life right now, the good and the bad because it has taught me so much about myself. I seem to experience so much in such a quick time that sometimes I have to sit back and truly reflect on my life because that is the only way I know in order to grow. Learning is key and I can say that I'm thankful for all the special people in my life, you've molded me into the woman I aspire to be and for that I couldn't thank you enough.



Chef Swangin' on the low! #IWearWhiteWhenImCookin


I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and that your weekend is equally as great. I have a bit of running around to do this weekend among celebrating my friend's birthday so it will be a busy one for me. Can you guys believe it's almost December? Where does the time go! Anyway, Happy Friday! 




*bows out gracefully*

No comments :

Post a Comment