Monday, November 10, 2014

RECAP: The Cinderella Foundation presents 2014 Fashion With A Purpose

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of sitting front row at the Fashion With A Purpose fashion show benefitting the Cinderella Foundation. I was invited by my dear friend from high school and I pleasantly surprised at the beautiful venue and event in itself. 
         L to R: Me, Ashleigh & Kamari 


The event was hosted by Jennifer Donelan of ABC7 and Jazz musician, Marcus Johnson complete with tasty hor d'oeuvres and wine thorough out the night. The event included music, a live auction, two fashion showcases and major networking courtesy of the fabulous Diane Stevens of Cole Stevens hair salon. Diane is phenomenal and is not only the owner of the very successful Cole Stevens hair salon but she is the founder of the Cinderella Foundation. 




The Cinderella Foundation was designed to mentor young girls by giving them the opportunity to maximize their strengths, foster their dreams and make them see their God given potential. Diane has also travelled to Nigeria to donate her time by teaching and doing the hair of many aspiring stylists, etc. Her humanitarian efforts had me swooning before the show even started. If you know anything about me it's that I'm a giver, so to hear all that she's done for the community pulled at my heart strings. Check out pictures of the Fashion With A Purpose event below: 


 
  Beautiful tunes by the talented Tulani! 
























Fashion Designer, Deidre Jefferies collection was amazing! I was obsessed with the vinyl pants and the intricate attention to detail. Next up was the talented hair stylist, Josh Wagner who was able cut a bob in 5 minutes....omg it was so incredible I wish I had video! What a moment! 











 


Then there was Diane & her fabulous team at Cole Stevens that took the runway by storm in bold hair cuts and styles! Now I want a bob #fixitdiane














Finally, it was the last showcase  presented by Project Runway contestant Korto Momolu. I have to admit I was geeked to see what Korto had been up to, she was one of my favorites from the show and of course she didn't disappoint. Check out my favorites below: 





  
                  Werrrrrk Koto! 







What an incredible night full of talent giving back to a wonderful organization! Front row guests walked away with amazing gift bag (If I do say so myself ☺️). 




Pretty nice gift bag, right?! As for what I decided to wear...I decided to keep it simple and chic by wearing all black and wearing my favorite lipstick by MAC. Fall is in full effect so I'm embracing the darker lip these days, you guys like? 


WHAT I WORE: Gold studded earrings/ Black crop top by Zara/ Tuxedo pants by Victoria's Secret/ 'So Kate' by Christian Louboutin heels/ 


Be sure to check out the www.colestevenssalon.com and www.cinderellafoundation.org for more events, hair needs and to donate to a worthy cause! Thank you again to the Cole Steven's Salon for allowing me to cover such an amazing event! It was an honor to sit front row to such greatness happening in DMV area. 

3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Longines Watchesare on sale. Our products are popular all over the world with high quality, competitive price and fast delivery. Realize your luxury dream now!

    ReplyDelete