Tuesday, October 8, 2013

WHAT I WORE: Country Lovin With My Girls

 
I had theeee BEST WEEKEND ever and when I say the BEST, I really mean that! With a government shutdown and feeling the quarter-life century crisis I needed a weekend away with my girlfriends. It's always nice to spend quality time with good friends that you respect, admire and trust...there's nothing like talking to a woman *cues Beyonce's "Life Is But A Dream" documentary* especially your bestfriend. So this past weekend, me and the girls took a trip to Luray, Virginia to check out this super cool cave and go to winery and to just getaway from the city...
 
WHAT I WORE: Nike Sports work-out top/White quilted shorts from TopShop/ Neon bag from ZARA/ Sneakers by Reebok
 
I knew we would be doing ALOT of walking through the cave so I opted to dress super comfy while still remaining fashionable of course, lol! If you ever get a chance to take a trip to Luray, Virginia be sure to check out Luray Caverns with your family & friends...it's absolutely breathtaking.  
 


 
After doing a bit of wine tasting at Cave Ridge Vineyard with the girls, I recruited them to take a few shots of me in the vineyard being the flower child that I'am. I love love love nature and was so glad to be surrounded by grapes that make my favorite wines.  

 
Going to the winery for the second time ever in life...was everything I imagined plus more! After leaving the winery, we found this beautiful field on our way to dinner and had to have an impromptu photo-shoot. Gotta love those random photo-shoots :)  
 
WHAT I WORE: Sunflower crop top & yellow skirt from American Apparael/ Sandals (old) ZARA/ Jewerly from my own collection/Hoop earrings by Belle Noel
 
 
Bestfriend moments!

 
 
 
Yes, I wore my Christian Louboutins to the country SMH....you can take a girl to the country but you can't take the city out of the girl! After destroying the tap on the concrete at the winery (insert sad face) I took them off and slipped into my favorite sandals.  
 
 
BESTEST weekend ever! Nothing like spending time with your girls especially your bestfriend.
 

2 comments :