Friday, April 11, 2014

WHAT I WORE: California Sunshine

As you might recall me telling you guys last week that I was taking a few days off from blogging, I also took a few days off from the East Coast to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday (It was a total surprise!). The weather in the DMV has been so bipolar that it was actually refreshing to visit Los Angeles for a few days as it's always Spring/Summer. I got the chance to roam around the city with my girlfriends, dine at my favorite spots, see my bestfriend, drink champagne like a BOSS..and most importantly put on my swimsuit and go to the beach. I had such an amazing trip and couldn't be happier that Spring is finally making it's debut in Washington, DC. Check out a few pictures from my trip along with my "What I Wore" looks below:
 
 
WHAT I WORE: Yellow V-Neck Sweater by ZARA(old)/Yellow jeans from Target (old)/ Grey Mini Purse by Phillip Lim for Target/Nude Corneille Christian Louboutin  Pumps/    

My look was inspired by the 'FLAWLESS Jennifer Lopez' pink outfit I posted about two weeks ago. I'm over the black/white movement and ready to fully embrace the many color choices in my closet. I'll always love "black on black" and "white on white" but I definitely want to play around with more color this Spring/Summer especially pastel. Since Spring is finally here, I can finally and comfortably go through my closet and do some organizing to see what pieces I need to add to my closet. I could really use some more staples and a few stand out pieces, most importantly a new bag (CHANEL is calling my name)! Are you ready for a new Spring/Summer 14' wardrobe or is it just me?
 
WHAT I WORE: Knitted black crop top from ZARA(old)/ Crossover Skirt with Buttons from ZARA/ Metallic 'So Kate' Louboutins (sold out)/ Earrings by Belle Noel/ Bling cuff from H&M(old)
 
Me and the girls grabbed a bite to eat at the popular Sushi/Asian restaurant Katsuya in LA Live. I'm obsessed with my skirt, I wish we took more pictures so you can see all of it but I plan on wearing it again (in a few weeks lol) so I'l be sure to snap a few more pictures.   

WHAT I WORE: Off the Shoulder dress from H&M (sold out online but try similar here)/ Green 'Anouk' Jimmy Choo pumps/ Diamond earrings/ My own jewels
 
Saturday was so much fun, I went to Long Beach Museum of Art for a surprise birthday lunch for my dear friend. The theme of the luncheon was Hollywood so I decided to stick to something classic and appropriate, what do you think? I found this dress the day before I left DC (lucky me)!
 

 
The girls and I after a beautiful luncheon! #ElonGaveMeYou

WHAT I WORE: Denim shirt from H&M (old)/ White splattered paint high-wasited shorts from UO/ Flat sandals from ZARA
 
It's always fun to go sightseeing in LA especially in Hollyood on a sunny afternoon. After doing some walking, I got the chance to attend a memorial brunch for a friend of mine that passed away and link up with my bestfriend. It was a perfect way to begin my Sunday!
 
 
Of course the celebration wasn't over...we went over to Mastro's for cocktails and dessert!

 
The buttercream cake is to die for...this is one of my favorite desserts and restaurants in Beverly Hills. If you are ever in the area be sure to go to Mastro's, it's divine *mouth is watering*

WHAT I WORE: Yellow swimsuit and sunnies from H&M
Everyone kept asking me where I got my swimsuit from and I must say that I was super surprised to find this swimsuit in H&M while I was browsing for a dress for the luncheon which I scored big on too. I have a few trips coming up next month so I definitely lucked up on this swimsuit because it's been so hard to find a swimsuit/bikini under $50 that I like. In other news, Venice beach was super chill...exactly what the doctor ordered for a 'Happy Monday'.  
 

 
...You can keep that beach, cuz' that beach whatever
 
 
Kira & I in Hollywood after attending our first "Jam Session"...SO MUCH FUN!!
   
My last night in LA was pure bliss, I got the chance to listen to some live music, sip a few brews and smoke some hookah all while having some great conversation! I'm missing the West Coast alreadyyy...anyway it's back to business as usual and I'm excited for my next couple of weekends! Have a great weekend everyone, it's going be so beautiful outside :)
 
 
*bows out gracefully*




No comments :

Post a Comment