Wednesday, April 23, 2014

WOMAN CRUSH WEDNESDAY: Lupita Nyong'o Is PEOPLE's Most Beautiful

 
Not only have I been crushing on Oscar Winner/Style Icon/It Girl of 2014 since her debut in "12 Years of a Slave" but People Magazine has named her among the top 50 "Most Beautiful" People, what a honor! She's truly a beauty inside and out and her determination and perseverance has me crushing on her in more ways than one. Lupita Nyong'o said that her mother and manager "always said I was beautiful...And I finally believed her at some point." She also said that her best compliments were "when I have been called beautiful with not one drop of makeup on," now that is a compliment that never gets old! Lupita is such a role model for women of color that have struggled to identify, I'm glad that little brown girls have someone to look up to and know that their "dreams are valid" and skin color never equates to beauty, it's the content of your character. Happy Woman Crush Wednesday Everyone, I can't wait to grab this issue of People Magazine!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment