Tuesday, June 2, 2015

KEEPING UP WITH SCHUNTEL ALEXIS!

 
Whoaaa it's been a lot happening lately, all good things but ALOT of things! Over Memorial Day weekend I went to Atlanta for my best friend's birthday (which was sooo much fun) then I had a pretty busy week in the social part of my life then I took an impromptu trip to Virginia Beach followed by styling a photo-shoot for Urban Sweetheart and all while doing a few style consults and so much more in between. Needless to say, I've been a little preoccupied but I know where my heart lies so I'm back to blogging :) Here are a few pics I snapped and wanted to share with you all!
 
Happy June Everyone!
 

How awesome is this crab? Since I got to Atlanta a little early I spent some much needed me time and went to the Aquarium, CNN building and tour of Olympic Park before the birthday festivities kicked off. Who knew spending time alone could be so much fun!  
 

 
If you know anything about me..you know I love water!!! The dolphin show had me feeling 9 years old all over again, I was so obsessed with all the different creatures of the sea. If you are ever in Atlanta definitely check out their aquarium its pretty awesome! I'm feeling a littile wavy this summer can you tell? Lol S/O to my stylist Sky! #haironfleek

 
...waiting on BAE likeeee!
 
 
My first drink of the evening was this super delicious Blackberry Bubble cocktail at the Four Seasons Hotel. I got the chance to link up with my childhood friend before meeting up the birthday girl!

 
The first night out is ALWAYS the best night out when you're out of town (in my opinion) as soon as my bestie touched down we made our way to Suite Lounge for food, drinks and hookah (ya'll know I have an obsession with hookah *covers eyes*). What a fun night!!!

 
The weather was absolutely perfect! Not too hot or too cold so hanging outside was on the menu. I'm a little obsessed with flash tats if you haven't noticed already lol...I'll be rocking them all summer so don't be surprised if you see more of them, they are so cute and fun! I don't want anymore tattoos so temporary ones just make life more fun and gives a special touch to my outfits! Get yours HERE!
 
 
 
Sunday was the right day to pull out my good ol' maxi dress that I haven't worn in years! I've been on this saving kick lately so I've been remixing my wardrobe instead of buying new clothes. I got this dress about 3 years ago and I always get so many compliments on it, I'm having a brain freeze on where I got it but I'm sure you can find something similar at H&M, Zara or ASOS.com! My neon hobo bag is still clutch to Spring/Summer, I got it at Zara a few years ago and still it delivers. Try adding a pop of color to your look this Summer....does wonders for your mood!!
 

 
Before making our way to the Atlanta Jazz Festival we had to BRUNCH SO HARD....you know the rest. Flying Biscuit was on my bucket list for a long time and I'm so glad I got the chance to try it out.  

 
I got the fried green tomatoes with jalepeno and goat cheese followed by Oven fried chicken with mac-n-cheese, spicy collared greens and their signature flying biscuit. One word: AMAZING!! 
 
 
Summer is officially...well almost officially here! My hair is lighter, skin is a little darker and did I mention I'm wearing lashes now?! These are the minx lashes I wore at my anniversary party, where have they been all my life? I'm soooo obsessed I never leave the house without them LOL! 

 
Anyway, I had so much fun at Piedmont Park with the crew for the Atlanta Jazz festival. Between the wine, fried fish, music, and company I had an amazing last day in the A!

 
 
Bihhh where my shots at?! LOL!

WHAT I WORE: Lace blue dress by H&M/ Diamond necklace by ALDO/Black 'So Kate' Christian Louboutin heels/Bag by ZARA (old)/
 
As soon as I got back to the DMV, it was only right that we dined at my favorite restaurant MASTRO'S for Ashlee's birthday. I discovered Mastro's a few years ago for my friend's birthday in LA so I'm happy that is closer to me! This was by far one of the best meals I've had in a very long time, it's worth every pretty coin you will ever spend when it comes to fine dining.   


Sautéed shrimp was on 10000!!!
 


 
(Left to Right): Mac-N-Cheese, Petite filet, Sautéed spinach & Creamed corn!!
 
A freakin' party in your mouth!
 

 
Then, there was the signature butter cake & homemade whipped cream that had me melting!!!
 
 
Friday Night Turn up at VA beach....#whoknew

 
Found my way to the beach on Saturday...and of course the Hookah! LOL!

 
I got this book for my 29th birthday and I'm almost done reading it. Great read!

 
Yes, I'm obsessed with PHHOTO app! Beyoncé taught me lol...

 
Great day at the beach...just what I needed!
 
 
From the beach to styling my friend's shoot in Georgetown Sunday morning. I was soooo tired but as soon as I got to the shoot I got the energy to walk the hills/streets of Georgetown DC. I can't wait to see the pics from the photo-shoot, we had so much fun! Initially we created about 7-10 looks from her Spring/Summer collection for the shoot but only ended up using around 7 of our favorites, I'm so proud of my friend!! Check out here website here: www.urbansweetheart.com :)

 

After taking a much needed nap post VA beach and the photo-shoot, I ended up meeting up with my girls for crabs to conclude a pretty good weekend. I'm not really the crab feasting girl but when I'm in the mood I goooo in lol. I guess that's the Maryland girl side of me!
 
 
So what's up next for Schuntel Alexis? Well I'm in planning mode for events and such and definitely looking into switching up my residency sooner than later!! I've been cleaning out my closet/re-organizing everything so you purchase my clothes, shoes, etc on PoshMark, I'm still adding to my virtual closet but so far I've been selling my dresses. There are a lot of fashion events, milestone celebrations for my family/friends on the menu and travelling this summer, so do your best to keep up with me! Lol! My friends like to joke and say I'm all over the place (geographically....it's kind of true lol) so who knows where this summer will take me, I'm READY :)
 
 
*bows out gracefully*

 
 
 
 

2 comments :

  1. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS POST!!! Thank you God for this amazing and extra beautiful woman!! Happy Jun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your long dress ;)

    http://www.cristinasurdu.com/

    ReplyDelete