Tuesday, September 16, 2014

THE RECAP: Schuntel's 2014 Summer Bucket List!


 
Now that Summer is coming to an end (*insert sad face*) it's time for a necessary recap of my life (well most of it..lol). After a few weeks off from blogging I've experienced so much that I can't put into words how many emotional and physical rollercoasters I've been on but needless to say my summer was nothing short but of ENCHANTING. I'm not quite sure if I was ready for all that I experienced but I must say it was life changing and fostered my understanding of "let your actions reveal your heart" as well as becoming the woman that I've always wanted to be. I cried, I laughed really hard, I ate at some amazing restaurants, I celebrated some amazing accomplishments, fell head over heels for someone, stepped out of my comfort zone, lost a few friends (gained some new ones), travelled a little, went to the pool a lot, started mediating and building a closer relationship with God, and I got a chance to really enjoy Summer for all that it was worth. Summer 2014 was one like no other and I'm so grateful that I got to enjoy it with the people that matter the most to me. As you may recall, I did a 2014 Summer Bucket List of all the things I wanted to accomplish and I'm really happy to say that I did most of all of them (Yay). Also, check out my Best of Summer below!!   

MY SUMMER 2014 BUCKET LIST:
 
  1. Save more MONEY! (Mission accomplished...STILL more to save!)
  2. Go bike-riding around the city! (I didn't get the chance to do this BUT, there is always fall)
  3. Smile even when it hurts, smile even when it's hard, and smile when life is good. (Check!)
  4. Attend more charity events. (I did this plus planned a volunteer event with my friends & family)   
     
     

  5. Start a new Gratitude Journal.  (This has been my greatest form of therapy!)
  6. Drink more water than alcohol.  (Ummm about that...lol)

  7. Show people how much I love them with my actions.  (Everyday ALL DAY)

  8. Find time EVERYDAY to pray and meditate.  (A challenge but I've been making it my duty to find the time to do this.)
  9. Pool Dates EVERY WEEK (Hello, I'm a water sign baby). (I was poolside ALL SUMMER!!! Penthouse Pool was my haven.)
  10. Watch the sunrise and sunset! (It was beautiful, really enjoyed this part of the summer)

  11. Go to a Winery! (I attended a wine fest with a few friends...so much fun!)
     
     
     

  12. Spend quality time with my nieces and nephews. (I couldn't get enough of them! Love those tots)

  13. Plan a surprise for someone special!  (I did this a few times....*pats self on back*) 
  14. Go to the beach at least once. (Sadly, I only went to the beach when I went to Costa Rica).
     
     
  15. Dance the night away to my favorite song. (I did this ALOT! Please don't stop the music)
     
     

  16. Love a little harder. (I can certainly say I did this....)
     
     

  17. Go to the spa at least twice! (Ahhhhh I didn't get a chance to go to the spa, but I've made it my duty to go this Fall/Winter)
  18. Meet someone new.  (I met so many awesome people this summer!)
  19. Attend an outdoor concert. (I went to see Beyoncé & Jay Z in Baltimore...so much fun!!!)
     
     

  20. Do a Flying Trapeze class! (Really sad I didn't get to do this, but I plan to do it soon)
  21. Watch the fireworks. (4th of July was a blur because I wasn't feeling too well but I did catch the fireworks on my friend's rooftop, so beautiful!)

  22. Go on a hike! (Does outdoor exercising count? I did a lot of running that's for sure).
     

  23. Cook a few things... (I'm learning ya'll be patient with me...baby steps!)
  24. Attend a baseball game! (Super sad I forgot to go to baseball game).
  25. Visit a museum. (Totally forgot about this!)  
  26. Go somewhere I've never been. (I dined at a few restaurants...)
  27. Take a vacation or a few mini-trips. (I slacked on this part of the summer but I went to Los Vegas and towards the tail end New York).


  28. Attend my 10 Year High School Reunion (Where does the time go?).  (This was so much fun, so glad the planning part of it is over!).    




Best Outfits of the Summer:
 


  
Best Swimsuits of the Summer:
 
 
 
Best Selfies of the Summer:  
 

 
I really hoped everyone enjoyed their summer, I'll be back very soon with my recap from New York Fashion Week (it was the highlight of my summer so it deserves a separate post!) and a Talk That Talk post that I've been working on for a few weeks now (can't wait to share--it's a juicy topic).Thank you to my faithful readers for your patience with me getting back to blogging, I never knew so many people read my blog it's really humbling to know that people are still supporting me. I now have the time to give blogging 100% of my time so I'll be updating weekly. I'm still shocked summer is almost (officially over in 1 week) over but I'm super pumped for Fall shopping.
 
God gave me Style, God gave me Grace!


*bows out gracefully*  

4 comments :

  1. Glad you were able to get the majority of the things on your list accomplished! And you've done #20 before, so does that semi-count? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go again! LOL! We had so much fun the first time.

      Delete
  2. excellent and you look great as usual. i really loved that yellow dress. where did yall eat at where you had the chicken and waffles?

    ReplyDelete