Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meet the 'Empire Girls' Julissa & Adrienne AND Series Premiere Sneak!


Remember I told you that bestfriends Julissa & Adrienne were set to make their television premiere on the Style Network? Well it looks that time has come, the "Empire Girls" are ready to takeover the city of NYC with their talent & passion all while remaining BFFs! Curious about how the BFFs met and to know more about them before you tune in this Sunday, June 3rd? Check out their interview below via mystyle. Also, check out the sneak-peek to their new show :)   

How did you meet?
Julissa: We've been friends for almost ten years. We met in the business, just going to different events and parties.
Adrienne: I originally met you at a Grammys party that Usher had at the Geisha House. We met there, and then we ended up doing a movie together for MTV called All You've Got. Juli played my cousin Marie.
What kind of work have you done in entertainment?
J: A lot of people know me from hosting on BET and MTV.
A: I was a fan of a show she did called The Roof. She is an amazing hostest with the most-est.
J: And she's an amazing actress, singer and all-around amazing friend!
A: Thank you! I am probably most known for being in Disney Channel's The Cheetah Girls. I originally started out in the R&B girl group 3LW. Now, I'm working on a solo album and doing an ABC Family movie.
What are your favorite things about each other?
A:
Her sense of humor is absolutely amazing. I love that we love to laugh together.
J:
I love that you love my sense of humor, because I love that you always get my jokes! We are always on the same page when it comes to comedy. We have inside jokes for days, like real life Gossip Girls. We gossip way too much for our own good.
A:
Everyone has a nickname. It's so bad.
How would you describe your styles?
A:
We both love fashion so much, but we have different tastes. We both have a passion for fashion.
J: I would say I'm classic with a trendy twist. I don't like to be trendy from head-to-toe.
A: I'd say you're bohemian-chic a lot of the time, because you love earthy colors.
J: That's a good way of describing it. You'll always have something real feminine and then all of a sudden just rock it out. She'll put on a New York fitted hat or skully and just make it real rockstar.
A: You never know what I'm about to have on. It really depends on the day.
J: She's pretty unpredictable.
A: But, what I love about this one is that she's so into fashion. She loves to research designers and actually knows the background of fashions. I thought she went to fashion school! She can name every restort collection from here back to 19-something. She's amazing. She's definitely the one I go to for advice, because I can go off the deep end with fashion.
A: You put it together really well, and, ultimately, the reason why fashion is so fun for us is because whatever we throw on, whether people love or hate it, we always own it. We rock it with confidence, which is the most important thing.
You're both from New York but have spent a lot of time in LA. Has that influenced your styles?
A: When I was living in LA, Kourtney Kardashian and I shared a lot of clothes because we are the same size. Anytime we found something that was really small, we would call each other and be like, "They have this in 00. You have to go get it!" We have the same shoe size, too.
J: Her feet are that small?
A: She wears a size 5. We used to bond over tiny clothes.
J: The Hills was very much laid-back California style. New York is more eclectic and going to the beat of your own drum. I found a balance in it all. Before, I would be matchy-matchy and over-accessorize, but I like California style, because I don't have to go over the top with accessories. I can have one good statement, like an earring or necklace. It's very minimal, and I found a happy medium.
A: I missed that memo in California. I decide to pile it all on instead.
You've both walked in runway shows. Can you tell us what those were like?
J:
I walked in the Betsey Johnson fashion show for New York Fashion Week Fall 2012. People would be surprised to know what the timeline is like! These designers spend close to six months working on this one collection that literally goes up and down the runway in all of 15 minutes. There's also a lot of mayhem going on backstage. You could can tell I was not the Fashion Week model when everybody else ripped their clothes off, and I'm like this. [Covers chest and look scared]
A: She was amazing in it. Juli's a modest model.
J: You should have seen those girls!
A:
I had to do Miami Fashion Week, which is bathing suits. I walked the runway in a bikini. Anybody who knows me knows that I am not into going to the gym, and I actually didn't know that I had signed up for bikinis. I was like, "Please, Lord, help me get through this." The adrenaline was running, and I was so nervous. I was walking with real models who do this for a living and have incredible bodies. The key to it was getting a really good tan!
Have you guys gone on any fun vacations together to take a break from it all?
J: We've had amazing times in the Dominican Republic. That's where I was born, in the capital of Santo Domingo. We've gone there and had a blast. I saved her life one time. She almost drowned.
A: Granted, we both came out of the water missing our tops, but our lives were saved, and that's what's important. A wave was taking me in, and I'm screaming, "Juli, I'm not playing!"
J: I thought she was joking at first.
A: I was really being sucked in. Juli grabs my little body and literally grabs me and walks back to shore yanking me, and all of our friends are on the island.
J: I was like, "I've got her!" But she's all wardrobe-malfunctioned with no top on.
A: It was amazing. That's us on vacation.

"As long as you hold my hand girl, I got your back" - Adrienne


Will you be watching?!

No comments :

Post a Comment