Tuesday, August 13, 2013

HAIR FILES: Beyonce's Hairstylist, Rita Hazan Speaks on New Pixie Cut

 

The Beyhive went into a full frenzy last week when Beyonce did the unthinkable by cutting her signature blonde locks and rocking a new pixie hair cut. I was shell shocked and couldn't believe my eyes but either way I adore the QUEEN (you hear me?). Beyonce is as beautiful as they come and with this short hair it truly brings out her features. Fashionista.com sat down with Beyonce's colorist, Rita Hazan to get the scoop on her hair, see a few highlights from the interview below:
 
Fashionista: What was the process like of creating the color? What did Beyonce request?

Rita Hazan: When I saw her cut, I knew the color had to be soft but powerful. She wanted to keep her natural color as a grown out look with roots to give it an edge. But, she allowed me creative freedom, which is amazing for a colorist to be able to do especially on a superstar like Beyonce. And she lets me get to the end result in my own way, which here was a beautiful champagne blonde.
 
Fashionista: How is Beyonce to work with? Was she nervous about the change?
Rita Hazan: I think she was ready for a big change. She has conquered the world at 31 with a new baby and a sold-out concert tour. She was relaxed and excited.
 
Fashionista: What was her reaction like?
Rita Hazan: She loved it and I think she felt really beautiful (’cause she is really beautiful!).
 
 
 
***
 
There we have it folks, if Beyonce feels beautiful...who are we to judge? Less judging and more uplifting ladies, no one is perfect! Find what works for YOU and make you feel beautiful.  
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment