Tuesday, March 11, 2014

WHAT I WORE: A 'Starry' Night

Happy Tuesday Beautiful People!
WHAT I WORE: Silk Star Blouse by H&M/ Coated Trousers by ZARA/ 'So Kate' bronze Christian Louboutin heels/ Hoop Earrings from Belle Noel
 
The weekend went by so fast, I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep...thank God this week won't be as long as last week. With Spring on it's way I decided to take a walk downtown during my lunch break and I checked out the H&M Spring collection (which I LOVE) and instantly fell in love with this blouse. It was perfect for a Friday night out on the town and since I'm a lover of anything see-through this was perfect. I'm working on wearing more lighter colors this Spring/Summer instead of black. I want to embrace the neutrals and pastels more and since the weather is warming up there is no better time to start than now. In other news, I'm super excited that I have finally registered for my commencement ceremony that will be held this Spring (to think I didn't care about walking at all a few months ago). I think I'm more excited about what I'll be wearing lol, this time will be a lot different than my May 2008 graduation from Elon. For my undergrad graduation ceremony it was outside so I opted for a very simple sundress and sandals (I was in the country so when in Rome..) but this time around I really want to embrace this Master's degree with Style & Grace. The commencement will be held in a air conditioned stadium (Thank You Baby Jesus!) with a business attire requirement so I'm prowling for a dress that will be a hit for the commencement ceremony as well as the luncheon my family and I will be planning. Of course I'll be sharing my "journey of a dress" as well as start my hunt for the perfect shoes very soon, but finding the dress is FIRST! I've got a million and one things going on right now (good things) so I thought I'd share the most important moment that is coming up for me so please excuse my rambling I'm just excited for Spring for more than one reason lol....Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week, Happy Tuesday!! xo

1 comment :

  1. Such a beautiful dress, the design and the fabric combo. Makes me want to be a little girl again so I could wear this swing vintage dress . And twirl around with pride!

    ReplyDelete