Friday, April 30, 2010

Style Rules for Vintage Shopping

Hello I'am a VINTAGE-HOLIC! You can say I'am a die hard fan of vintage clothing ever since I was little girl. I always dabbled in my Mother's jewelry, high heels (she has tons!) and the her bags because she was and still is my style inspiration.

I'am fascinated by the way people incorporate the old with the new and I for one do that on a regular basis. Some people think its so hard to find good vintage (I thrift store shop as well!) and that is NOT TRUE! The key to finding good vintage/trendy clothing or accessories is knowing what your looking for, its that simple! I have 5 Style rules for Vintage Shopping that could help you save time, money and unnecessary fatigue for FREE!
  1. Know exactly and precisely what your looking for--What Season is it for? Do you need clothes, shoes or accessories? *Vintage stores can be very overwhelming so stick with a plan that really works! Writing down a list usually helps me :)
  2. To SAVE or SPLURGE-- What kind of budget are you working with? Can you really afford that Chanel clutch? Is it worth it? *I'am a big fan of splurging on QUALITY and saving on QUANTITY. No one knows your pockets but YOU!
  3. Take your time-- What's the rush? Are you on a time crunch? *Looking through vintage clothing requires time and patience so you should allot enough time to find what you want.
  4. Ask for HELP--Can someone help you? Need a second opinion? Do you know a good vintage shopper? *If you need help feel free to ASK a friend, family member or ME! I like to vintage shop by myself but I love bringing my best friend with me because she knows what works well on me and what doesn't and vice versa.
  5. Use your IMAGINATION--Can you see yourself rocking that shirt? Can you alter it? Does that dress compliment your figure? *These are the questions you should ask yourself especially if its your 1st time. Never stop imagining yourself wearing what your buying!!

I hope this helps you the 1st or next time you go vintage shopping, if you need help please contact me at SchuntelA@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment