Thursday, March 15, 2012

BRITISH FAB: Estelle Is 'All Dressed Up In Love' for VIBE VIXEN, March 2012


The fabulous and talented British singer, Estelle covers Vibe Vixen March 2012 for their  "Emancipation" issue. I must say that she is looking great these days, kudos to her stylist and glam squad. Peep more pictures from her cover issue and a few excerpts from her interview where she discusses fashion, beauty tips/favorites & more.


BEAUTY: On her favorite hairstyles...
"I had everything. I had a blonde Mohican. I had a bowl cut with blue stripes in it, purple stripes in it. I had the fingers ways, the pushed up waves. I had short-slicked Halle Berry. I had the short-slicked Nia Long. I’ve had every hairstyle—braids, you name it."

Her favorite look:
"My favorite look is when I had a bob cut like Regina King in Friday. It was slick, smooth and it moved. It just went from side to side. I was proud of that [laughs]."


BEAUTY: Her facial cleansing routine includes... 
"Mario Badescu cucumber facial soap—all his products. I get a clearing facial every month just to re-up and clear up skin. As much makeup as I wear, and as much as I have to be turned up every single day, I try to take it down once a month. Take it all off."

BEAUTY: Favorite make-up line....
"Make Up Forever is pretty incredible for all skin tones. Oh my God, they have every shade. A lot of people say MAC, but I say Make Up Forever. I’m going against the grain. I like NARS as well, as far as lipsticks, eye shadows and body oils."

FASHION: Favorite type of shoes...
"At the moment, sky-high stiletto wedges or platforms. I’m all about that. I’m short; I’m like 5’5, 5’6 or something. I look short, too. People always think I’m taller than I really am so I’m always in heels. Put me in the sky; let’s go."


FASHION: Favorite place to shop...
Dover Street Market in London.

INNER BEAUTY: On advice she would you give girls who are reading Vixen right now who might be insecure about their body..."Hug yourself in the mirror with just your underwear on because you’re beautiful. Everyone says that, but do it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. God made you this way. I say it in a song, “I’m nice in my skin/I love every color/I got the body God gave me, don’t want another.” That was the most profound thing I feel like I’ve said on a record ever. People hear that and they’re like [gasps] because they feel like, “She must have done this and that.” And I’m like, no I work out because I want to be healthy, but listen if I put on some weight I’m cool with that. I’ll find some bigger clothes; they sell them. As long as I’m healthy, I’m good. All that stuff is overrated. Just live, man. Live. You’re beautiful."

Great interview! Looking forward to hearing Estelle's next album & see her gracing the red carpets :)

No comments :

Post a Comment