Thursday, March 22, 2012

DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT: Anifa Mvuemba

It's been awhile since I've done a Designer Spotlight, so I'm happy to introduce you to 21 year-old Fashion Designer Anifa Mvuemba. She is new designer for contemporary women's RTW clothing and shoes. She was born in Kenya with family originating from Democratic republic of Congo. Learn more about the designer and check out some of her Spring 2012 collection below: 

Anifa says...

"I just came out with my first spring collection. It launched on March 20,2012. There is a limited stock of every item sold, unless stated otherwise. A lot of my collection's inspiration comes from the world in general and how often our world and society changes from time to time. Fashion and style is the same, It's forever evolving and changing . Even though I'm only 21, I've done a lot of traveling. My manufacturing is done in Turkey, the country itself was a true inspiration and in the collection you'll see that. There is conservative, flirty, fun and edgy, all in one place. I really wanted my first line to represent me in every aspect. I want people to see me and what I love. Overall it exceeded my expectations, sketching is one thing, but seeing the whole collection come alive was amazing and an unforgettable experience, a true blessing."






 Anifa is super talented and I'm excited to see more from her. I can't stop swooning over the orange dress & neon romper! Love what you see? 

2 comments :