Thursday, March 29, 2012

STYLIN ON YOU: Brittney from Northern Virginia

Our Stylin On You feature of the day is Brittney from the Northern Virginia area. She's a fierce 20 something Stylista and Fab-Mommy that hails from Virginia but finds herself mostly in the city of Washington, D.C. I've known Brittney for quite some time now and was so happy that she agreed to let me feature her today. I adore her sense of style! Check out snippets from our brief interview below:     
__________________________________________________

 When asked about her style she says, "Sequin, Metallic, Print… Oh My! My style is reflected off what body part I like to accentuate, arms, legs, collar bone even! I love to reveal while leaving some to the imagination. Accessories are a must; I live for big earring, gaudy necklaces, and sparkly rings. Due to my small statue, pumps are essential. A solid color pump never fails me; just call me head over HEELS. My first pick in clothing is a dress but, regardless of what I decide to wear the most important factor is to make sure it flatters my body shape."

Not only does Brittney like to accentuate her best assets and fall head over heels with her pumps, she is also inspired and influenced by many. When I asked her about her style influences she says, "A style influence is an understatement when it comes to Kourtney Kardashian [I totally agree Brittney!]. Ms. Kardashian can do no wrong in my eyes of fashion. Blazers, pleated skirts, chiffon blouses, strapless rompers, even oversized tops; she conquers all clothing with amazing class."

Brittney also gushed about her Style Icon, Ms. Tracey Ellis Ross and says she loves "how her ensembles are always fashion-forward, yet nostalgic. Less is more with Ms. Ross she’s always impeccable with her on trend choices, while paying homage with vintage pieces."
 
The words 'Style & Grace' means so much to me for numerous reasons and it always intrigues me to find out what it means to others, especially potential Stylin On You features. Brittney says, "Style and Grace comes in every COLOR, there’re no limitations in SIZE, and the PRICE is always affordable. Confidence is Key when it comes to Style and Grace. Clothing and accessories are solely materialist items, style is individuality; wear it well." Let us all say, AMEN!     
***
Brittney's "STYLE, LIVE, DIE" Quote: “Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it” - Yves Saint Laurent. She also says, "Clothes should not make a person; make the clothing appear how you want others to view it. There’s more to fashion than what meets the eye" and I couldn't agree with her more!

Want to be our next Stylin On You feature of the day? Please email StylebySchuntel@gmail.com

xoxo

1 comment :

  1. If black off shoulder dress keeps women a sense of mystery.Then sheer bodycon dress shows the neat and pure of a girl.

    ReplyDelete