Tuesday, November 26, 2013

EVENT RECAP: Hashtag Lunch Bag DC Edition!

Hello, beautiful people!

As we are on the brink of the first of many holidays, it's that time to GIVE back! This past Sunday was my first time participating in the Hashtag Lunch Bag Movement happening through out the country. If this is your first time hearing about it, let me give you the cliff notes version of the whole experience. First, we met at Lima Lounge in Washington, DC to assemble the sandwiches, cookies, fruits and decorated brown paper bags before distributing the lunch bags to locations where homeless people frequent. It was such a great experience to actually assemble and distribute to people in need right before Thanksgiving. I hear that DC was not the only place doing this as well, places like New York and Chicago were also making a difference in many peoples lives last Sunday.  
 
 
This charity event is does not discriminate against age either, as young children were also apart of the assembly process...they put sticky notes on the lunch bags and made hearts and #hashtags apart of their signature when it came to the decorating! I was so amazed to see this happening early on a Sunday morning and was truly honored to be apart of such a great movement happening all over the country. Myself and my bestfriend, Derrick were primarily in charge of counting the bags before distribution and I'm super proud to say that we assembled approximately 250+ bags, how awesome is that?! Check out a few of the pictures from Hashtag LunchBag DC Edition below:
 

 

Derrick & I before we passed out lunchbags in the local park in Washington, DC
 
 
What a great Sunday it was, I love giving back because I'm so blessed to have shelter and food this season. I'm looking forward to participating in the next Hashtag Lunchbag next month (I'll be sure to post about it before actually participating so more people can have the opportunity to volunteer). I'm even more excited about the 5K Thanksgiving Trot for Hunger that I'm doing in 2 days....stay tuned for a full-recap! Stay warm East Coasters :) 
 

 
  

No comments :

Post a Comment